Acne, pimples, zits. Three words that explain the average teenager’s worst natural enemies. I for one thought that after my teens I would miraculously be cured of the curse that is pimples. Yet, here I am at 24 and still experience pimples on a daily basis. So, I set out to find the best natural treatment for acne, pimples and zits. After loads of trial and error, I finally found a regimen that works for me and I hope for you too.
Before we get to my daily regimen, let me first tell you a bit about the wonder that is Aloë Vera.
This whole treatment revolves around the magical plant called Aloë Vera. It’s funny because I grew up with countless Aloe plants in the Caribbean since they are part of the folkloric beliefs. My island, Curaçao even has an Aloe plantation which is a great tourist attraction. Yet, I never realised the amazing potential of Aloe for skin care and hair care.
Aloe has countless of benefits:
- It reduces acne and disinfects the skin; Aloe Vera is antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory which are all needed to prevent and fight pimples. Also, Aloe Vera increases the growth of new cells while reducing the size of your pores to keep the gunk out. Really it’s an all in one solution.
- It’s a natural skin healer;Aloe Vera increases your skin’s healing by a whopping 8 times. making the surface wounds heal faster. This is partly due to the facts that Aloe Vera is absorbed by the skin faster than water.
- Aloe vera is anti-inflammatory and cooling; Which means it’s great for pimples, zits and acne which are inflammations of the skin. You can also use it as a cooling agent if you experienced severe sunburn. Although it’s of course better to use sunscreen to prevent getting sunburnt.
- Reduces blemishes and spots; Because Aloe Vera is rich in vitamins C and E and beta kerotene it keeps your skin looking young while lightening spots due to increased production of new cells.
- It’s a great moisturiser; Finally, Aloe Vera is mainly made out of water and vitamins. So it moisturises and feeds the skin without clogging your pores or becoming greasy.
Overnight natural Aloe Vera pimple treatment
So now that you know the benefits of Aloe Vera, Watch the video below for my Aloe Vera-based anti-pimple and acne routine. Try it out and let me know down below if it helped you just like it helped me!